Martha's Vineyard or Cape Cod to Nantucket Plan Sea offers private ferry service providing a personalized and memorable experience with flexibility not available with the public ferry. The public ferry
Plan Sea offers private ferry service providing a personalized and memorable experience with flexibility not available with the public ferry. The public ferry schedules do not allow for a day-trip from Martha’s Vineyard to Nantucket.
We provide one-way or roundtrip private ferry service any day with your private group between Memorial Wharf on Edgartown Harbor and Nantucket Harbor. Our private boat transportation takes your group between Nantucket from Martha’s Vineyard in approximately two (2) hours. We do our best to accommodate requests for different times and departure or arrival harbors, including Edgartown, Oak Bluffs Martha’s Vineyard, or Falmouth Cape Cod. It is also possible to extend the cruise for $275/per hour. By adding two (2) hours to the cruise, we can visit the seal colony on the Northeast shore of Nantucket. We are happy to take special requests and customize your trip. Please use the “Comment” section when booking to make any special requests. To explore public ferry services or learn about things to do in Martha’s Vineyard during your day trip, visit our FAQ page.
• Arrive at the dock at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. Plan Sea arrives at the dock 5-10 minutes before departure.
• The deckhand will welcome you aboard and help stow your carry-ons.
• You may take a seat anywhere on the vessel either inside the cabin or outside.
• The Captain will tell you about the safety features including the Man Overboard procedure and other useless information.
• The vessel will leave the dock and the harbor. During our time underway, please feel free to walk around the vessel holding onto handrails since the boat can move in unexpected ways.
• You might want to have a drink or snack you brought along and stowed in our cooler for your use
• The expert crew will provide fun facts, gossip, and tall tales throughout the cruise.
• If we spot wildlife, sea life, flotsam, and jetsam, castaways and other things of interest we will detour.
• If there are kids or wannabe Captains on board, they will get a chance to operate the boat
• If you have elected to extend the cruise, we will go to the additional area for seal-watching
• We then arrive in the destination harbor for drop-off. We will wait for your return trip if you have purchased a round-trip cruise
Lunch and ground tours in Nantucket not included, but may be arranged.